How to wing a fabulously detoxing and delish dip-come-salad dressing
Seriously what would one do without Gwyneth come January? Her detox tips, always heralded by an appropriately perky ‘ping’ as they hit my inbox, are always so welcomed.
Sadly my lack of control and post-holiday penchant for the more indulgent foods still lingers, but GP’s marvellous recipes always win me over. As do my too tight-to-do up JBrands …
Her Carrot and Ginger dressing is a bit of a favourite around here, and works equally well as a salad dressing or dip for vegetables. Try drizzling it over steamed green beans, a tree or two of broccoli or throw some in half an avocado for a quick, detoxing lunch-on-the-run. It has a slight kick to it, so younger kids might find it a little spicy. My oldest though practically licks the plate.
This recipe only takes about 5 minutes and makes an absolute abundance of the stuff, so you will have a good week’s store just sitting in the fridge. Go to it!
Carrot and Ginger Dressing
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pulse the carrot, shallot and ginger in a blender until finely chopped.
- Scrape down the sides, add the miso, vinegar and sesame seed oil and whiz together.
- While the blender is going, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil and the water.