Friday I’m in LOVE – ART, ZARA, STARLETS, AVOCADO, GOATSMILK NYC & WATERLOO
1 ART I’m looking for a spare wall so I can fill it with Kari Herer’s beautiful photographs, that combine whimiscal sketches and full blooms. Start collecting here.
2. Fashion A new season means a wardrobe overhaul and restock of good transeasonal basics. Zara‘s new collection has just dropped and has it covered. Just try and resist…
3. FLASHBACKS Vanity Fair has always had the knack for spotting the big next thing. Check out this gallery for some of their best calls. Here are some of mine…
4. QUICK LUNCH – The ideal lunch for days when you are working from home, this avocado bowl with citrus herb white bean salad (via dashandbella) is easy, low-fat and packs a major flavour punch.
Avocado Bowls with Citrus Herb White Bean Salad
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups of cooked white beans (if you’re using pre-cooked beans just make sure they’re rinsed and patted dry)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of light-colored vinegar (white wine or champagne)
- 1 clove of grated or chopped garlic
- the juice and zest from half a lemon
- a big pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (any combination of mint, parsley, basil, or tarragon). Stir and taste.
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Combine the white beans, oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Toast 1 tablespoon pine nuts in the oven or on the stove top.
- Halve, pit, and peel an avocado.
- Fill an avocado half with an overflowing scoop of white bean salad. T
- Top with coarse flaky salt, parsley, pine nuts, and additional lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Eat as is or smear on a piece of grilled bread.
5. KID’S BASICS A great go-to for kid’s basics, Goatmilk NYC turn out 100% organic prewashed tops and bottoms that are beautifully crafted and simply styled. Buy up at goatmilknyc.com
6 FLASHBACK Because satin pantaloons are never a good idea.
Have a great weekend everybody.