How to make awesome granola
Finally a healthy, low-fat granola that doesn’t require 54,000 types of nuts, grains and obscure ingredients.
This one requires minimal ingredients and takes no-time to throw together. The nuts give good crunch whilst the blended dates impart an addictive caramelised sweetness that make it hard to resist. It’s ridiculously good for breakfast with fruit and milk, or as a topper for yogurt when a sweet fix is urgently needed.
It’s a maker!
(adapted from Honestly Healthy by Natasha Corrett)
- Qtr cup dried dates
- 1 cup of jumbo rolled oats
- 2tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup mixed raw cashews and pecans
- 1.5 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees
- Simmer the dates in 1cm water until soft and then blend until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix. Spread the mixture on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 110 degrees and bake for 30 minutes until the mixture is dry and crisp.
- Leave it to cool and store in an air tight container