The modern mother’s checklist for a most STUNNING life
I love a good affirmation, and judging by the responses on my instagram – so do most of you.
You may have come across Tips for a Stunning Life before. It has the same effect on you as that first cup of coffee in the morning. I have slightly modified it – the keep a daily journal just isn’t going to happen for me – and added a few sneaky extras I thought you might appreciate. Would love your thoughts too so we can build the ultimate list-to-live-by. Isn’t that a perfect idea? Have a brilliant Saturday everybody. Live-it-up! x
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day and while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. When you wake up in the morning, make a conscious decision to be happy.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food
that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything !
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
17. Help the needy, Be generous ! Be a ‘Giver’ not a ‘Taker’
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. Time heals everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed, be thankful for what you accomplished, today.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.
26. Plan a schedule for your week.
27. Say NO.
28. Eat less food. You will feel mentally sharper.
29. Spend time at art galleries.
30. Write thank you letters.
31. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.
32. Have 5 great friends.
33. Become stunningly polite.
34. Read daily.
35. Practise patience.
36. Drink more champagne.
37. Learn a new word everyday and add it to your vocabulary.
38. Always be planning a holiday.
39. Donate generously – always.
40. Stop glorifying ‘busy’.
41. Speak less. Listen more.
42. Be the best person you know.
43. Always cook from scratch.
44. Give hugs with real meaning.
45. Make your life matter.