Instagram – why it’s so damn addictive and YOU should be on it
Only its 100 million followers understand how addictive Instagram is. For the rest of the world who say they hate social networking, can’t be bothered or don’t have time, I say get .. on… it. No idea what Instagram even is? Imagine if Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid camera had a baby. Well its name would be Instagram.
What you NEED to know
- Instagram is absolutely FREE.
- You can download it from your app store.
- It is compatible with any iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 3.1.2 or above or any Android device running Android 2.2 or above.
- All photos are confined in a square and can be altered using filters and frames.
- There is space for you to make a comment and add hash tags (i.e. a word or phrase prefixed with #).
- With the press of a button, you can share your images with other social networking services including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, Flickr, and Posterous.
- Contrary to what you might think, Instagram is a cinch-to-use and even easier to set-up. For a step-by-step tutorial that takes less than a minute, watch this quick guide on youtube.
Why it is sooo Instafantastico….
- It is a new form of modern art and at times, will take your breath away.
- Its well-designed interface makes navigation a breeze even for the less-tech-savvy mother.
- Instagram provides instant gratification. You have a growing community 24/7 just awaiting your next upload and ready to love it!
- You can meet and mingle with similar-minded people (or just really famous ones – hello Madonna!) and be inspired by what they find beautiful, inspiring, hilarious and heart-warming.
- If you have a business, treat it to its own account and draw people from the Instagram world to your blog or website.
- Connect with far-flung family and friends in a super-quick, dynamic fashion.
- Create gorgeous photos using Instagram’s fifteen fab retro photo filters that when applied to ordinary images, transform them into something truly special. If fifteen isn’t enough, hop onto the app store and buy the 100 Cameras in 1 app that will give you 100 more. It is literally impossible to take a bad photo.
- You will want to reproduce these awesome instagram pics and you can by simply increasing the ppi in an image editor. The recommended size is as large as 240 ppi which gives you a razor sharp 2.5 x 2.5 inch print. For more on printing iPhone images, read this how-to.
Once you are on board, be prepared to be utterly enthralled. In between spying on what your tweens and teens are up to (tres important and insightful BTW), check out some of my fave Instagram accounts to follow and stalk….
Don’t forget to follow me! Look to your right now and you can see my feed.
Are you on? You are too clever! Do you love it and who are you following? Let me know….