How to bend it like Mrs Beckham
Don’t you just love google? One minute you’re searching for a cheap but decent body cream, and the next, you’re sidetracked and totally engrossed in Victoria Beckham’s morning routine.
One which I thought I would share with you because it is so refreshingly normal! Turns out we can all bend it like Beckham – well at least from 6.30am to school drop off. Some nice tips and products here, particularly in the beauty department which I’ve linked to their various sites so you can pick them up yourself. Including that said cheap but fabulous body cream – tick! Cheers VB.
- According to Marie Claire UK, VB is up at 6.30am and takes just 30 minutes to get ready for the day before getting children up and ready for school.
- She then enjoys a peppermint tea before drinking a double espresso (boom!) and ‘nibbling while giving the kids all their breakfasts’.
- ‘And while that [breakfast] is all happening, they’ll [the kids] have a spelling test or a times table test.’
- According to Marie Claire and Hello! her two hero products are Weleda body cream, £11 (“It’s really, really thick and I slather it on.” she says) and Stila lip gloss, £12 – both of which she applies before hitting the various school runs. Double Tick.
- When it comes to a skin regime, VB revealed to Hello! it is Dr Lancer all the way baby. “In the bathroom, I always use Dr. Lancer skin products,” she said. “He’s a dermatologist I saw when we were living in Los Angeles.”
- To keep her pout posh, she applies Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour cream all day long and for definition she tweeted recently her love for Kevyn Aucoin lipliner.
- Fake tan is a no-no for the star. “I don’t wear fake tan anymore,” she told Hello!. “Sometimes I’ve been turned orange but that’s definitely a look from my past. Being overly tanned is very aging and, dare I say it, a bit footballer’s wife. Embrace your natural colour!”
- When it comes to hands, VB recently tweeted her obsession for Anthropologie’s Royal Apothic Holland Park hand cream, whilst for nails it is all about Chanel. “I like Chanel, as it always does forward-thinking colours.” she told Hello!.
- VB’s top travel tip tweet : “… put a layer of baby oil over face. Protects skin on plane, locks in moisture.”
- VB keeps super-lean stretching with Tracy Anderson and eating alkaline recipes via Natasha Corrett’s book Honestly Healthy.
Keep it posh ladies – I’m off for a double espresso and to get me some Weleda!
Have a great Wednesday everyone!